Welcome Firefox Mobile testers!
Our goal is to provide you with mobile news and guidance towards how and where you as a tester can help out!
This Week’s Headlines!
- Flash is now in for Android OS 2.3 and less!
- note: you will need flash downloaded from the Android Market
- Features to look at now: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fennec/NativeUI/NightlyFeatures
What’s New in Fennec Native UI?
- Flash for 2.3 and less
- Title bar improvements :
- tab counters (open/close tab) – long tap on counters
- refinements such as system highlight color
- Doorhanger notifications for prompts
- Zippity addon now available for Native UI Fennec!
What’s coming soon to Fennec on Android?
- Enhanced pannning and zooming experience (gestures included)
- Double tap Zoom
- Context Menus
- Text Selection
- And more!
How to download the latest Fennec Native UI build:
- Enable ‘Unknown sources’ in Settings | Application Settings on your Android device
- Go to ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mobile/nightly/latest-birch-android/
- Download and install: fennec-10.0a1.en-US.android-arm.apk
Testing Areas, Tips and Tricks:
- go to your favorite flash sites and file bugs on sites that do not work
- Download the Zippity Addon : http://people.mozilla.com/~mfinkle/fennec/addons/testharness-mobile.xpi and go to about:testharness
- Explore away with testing these features https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fennec/NativeUI/NightlyFeatures
We want to hear from you!
- If you discover a bug, please file it in Bugzilla (http://bugzilla.mozilla.org) under the product: “Fennec Native”, or just follow this link: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fennec%20Native. If you need assistance, feel free to message this mailing list: https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-platforms-mobile
- Any feedback on the newsletter can go to: Naoki at firstname.lastname@example.org
Til next time,
The Mobile QA Team